Thoughtshelter Games, LLC
Based in Minneapolis, MN
May 17, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
6340 15th Ave S.
Richfield, MN 55423
Thoughtshelter Games makes thoughtful games for casual players. Our first project is a fast-paced turn-based strategy game called A Druid's Duel.
About Thoughtshelter Games
Thoughtshelter Games is dedicated to making thoughtful games for casual players. We believe big things can come from small places. In that vein, we desire to create amazing things that are deeply engaging yet remain accessible and elegant.
A Druid's Duel
A Druid's Duel is a fast paced turn-based strategy game set in a world of Celtic lore where players can create and destroy the board by harnessing the power of nature.
Welcome to the Realm of Six Seasons, where the predictable cycle of nature's seasons has turned constantly since time began. But now, something is wrong.
A bright Summer's day ends in a snowy Winter's eve. The next morning brings a burst of colorful Autumn leaves and even that is followed by a surprising deluge of Springtime rains. Something (or someone) is tampering with the precious Seasons, making a complete mess of the Realm.
The Druids of the Esoteric Orders have long fostered this fertile landscape and tended to this delicate mystical balance. And it is up to Warren, a young druid fresh from his Esoteric Training, to discover what is causing this disastrous mixing of Seasons.
A Druid's Duel will launch on February 25th, 2015 on Windows and Mac via Steam, Humble Store and other digital stores.
- Looks can be deceiving: With a game board that changes based on players’ actions, and units that each have powerful animal abilities, you’ll need to stay focused and never let your guard down.
- A multitude of options: Whether it’s the single player story told across more than 130 levels, local play or online play for up to 4 players, there’s enough variety for new and experienced players.
- Sounds as good as it looks: The professionally composed soundtrack and recorded music brings the Six Seasons beautifully to life.
- Are you up to the challenge? Nothing is random in A Druid's Duel. A simple set of rules governs the board, allowing the game to be learned quickly, with various difficulty settings to match your current ability. But at its highest difficulty expect to spend months mastering the nuances that manipulating the board can create.
Game Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Thoughtshelter Games, LLC, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "Selected for the Indie MEGABOOTH (Minibooth) for PAX East 2015" - http://indiemegabooth.com/project/a-druids-duel/
- "A Druid's Duel Launch Review"
- Jordan Hall, OnRPG
- "From exec to indie: One family’s wild ride ends today with debut of dream game"
- Heather Newman, Gamesbeat
- "Fast-paced, turn-based strategy abounds in A Druid's Duel"
- Lena LeRay, Indiegames.com
- "Review: A Druid's Duel"
- March Lynch, Press2Reset
- "A Druid’s Duel Review – Turtles, Bears, and Turn-based Strategy."
- Rafiq Mandal, Indie Game Magazine
- "A Druid's Duel Preview: A Charming Turn-based Scrap Down At The Old Grove"
- John-Paul Jones, Game Watcher
- "PAX East 2014 – A Druid's Duel is a Gloriously Simple and Complex Tactics Game"
- Rob Rich, 148Apps
- "A Druid’s Duel Could Potentially Take Over My Life"
- Mandi Odoerfer, Geekparty
- "Working Without a Net: Thoughtshelter's Kris Szafranski Discusses A Druid's Duel"
- Josh Engen, Geekparty
- "It's an incredibly polished game, even in these early stages."
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
- "A Cute Strategy Game About Death & Destruction"
- Nathaniel Liles, CliQist
- "A Druid's Duel Brings Strategic Battles To Kickstarter"
- Ryan Winslett, Gaming Blend
- "Minneapolis indie game developer turns to Kickstarter"
- Jeff Pesek, TECHdotMN
A Druid's Duel Microsite
Official website for the game. http://www.druidsduel.com.
A Druid's Duel at IndieDB. More videos and screenshots. indiedb.com.
Team & Collaborators
Designer, artist, programmer
AI programmer, Freelancer